Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Easy Way To Eat A Pomegranate

Hello my friends,

I remember when I was teeny tiny at my grandma's house loving when the Pomegranates on her trees were ripe! My little sisters and I would go crazy over them! (and still do ha ha ha)

Our mother absolutely hated when we would eat them because the red juice - that we would undoubtedly get on our clothes every single time - did not come out all that easily. ha ha (sorry mom!)

We were young and grandma said if we wanted to eat them we could only eat them outside in the backyard so us girls would go hunker down on the hammock and pick our way into those messy, delicious, absolutely beautiful pomegranates.

Well, now that I am much older I still have a soft spot for that juicy fruit, but now I have a much more efficient, less messy way to eat and enjoy these beauties.


Step 1 - You will need
  • sharp knife
  • strainer
  • towel
  • large cutting board
  • slotted spoon or mini hand strainer
  • bowl of water
Step 2 - Rinse off your Pomegranate

Step 3 - Slice off the crown. The crown is the part that it was connected to the tree from.

Step 4 - Slightly cut the pomegranate in about five places. It should look like a peeled orange does with light wedges cut into it. 

Step 5 - Open Pomegranate and begin to separate the juicy seeds from the rind. Put seeds in your bowl of water. All the white flesh (that you don't eat) that is separating the seeds inside will float to the top of the water.

Step 6 - Once you have removed all the seeds use the slotted spoon or mini strainer to skim the white flesh out of the bowl.

Step 7 - Poor bowl of water and seeds into big strainer

Step 8 - ENJOY!

I hope that helped out all you fellow pomegranate lovers! If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Please always remember:



Hearts&beautiful-jewel-like-fruit - Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment