Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Healthy Dinner

Hey my loves!

Today I am going to walk you through a healthy dinner as I make it for the boyfriend and I!  One of my passions is cooking and I hope you guys enjoy a blog like this.

Tonight on the menu:
  • Yummy Fish Tacos
  • Delish parm baked asparagus
FISH TACOS:
You can use any fish you prefer. For my tacos I used de-boned, de-skinned Mahi Mahi. (about 1lb)













I got the fish taco seasoning at whole foods. (It is a healthier organic alternative)

Next, prepare taco seasoning with directions on back of packet. While that sits a minute cut all the fish into about 2inch by 2inch pieces then add to mixture.


Poor mixture into a deep saute pan and place over medium low heat. (remember with fish it is better to cook slower and on a lower heat to keep the fish from becoming "rubbery")

Let simmer until fish turns white and starts flaking apart easily.

While it simmers don't forget to slice up some lemon and chop some cabbage. I use whole wheat soft taco tortillas but you can also use corn tortillas!

Enjoy!

PARM BAKED ASPARAGUS:

I used Organic frozen baby asparagus, but fresh baby asparagus works just as well. If you use frozen let it defrost before you begin.

In one bowl mix 1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs (I used some organic croutons in my pantry and smashed in the bag to make my own breadcrumbs), 1/2 cup flower (I used Organic Millet Flour), 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper is optional (I did not use any salt or pepper because I used seasoned bread crumbs).

In another bowl mix 2 egg whites. Whisk lightly.

Dip Defrosted/fresh asparagus into the egg whites and then into the bread crumbs mix then lay on a lightly greased baking pan (I spread a light layer of garlic olive oil on my baking sheets). Continue until you run out of asparagus or bread crumb mix.









Pre-Heat oven to 425degrees and bake 15minutes or until golden brown and crunchy!










This is the end result. Enjoy!

Hearts&healthy-eating - Amber


2 comments:

  1. Sounds tasty!! I might have to try this for myself and I lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do! Let me know what you think! :]

    ReplyDelete